Buying Crypto Call Option(Buy Call)
What does buying a Call option do?
Why would I buy a Call option?
How do I calculate my Breakeven Price?
E.g. Buying a Call option with Strike = $10,000 will require you a Premium Payable of $200 ( In BTC equivalent = $200/$10,000 = 0.02 BTC), giving you the right to buy 1 BTC for $10,000 at settlement. Your Breakeven Price would be $10,200.
How do I calculate my profit at Settlement?
Loss = Premium Payable
Scenario 1: P&L — If Settlement Price (BTC settles at $12,500) > Strike Price
= ($12,500 — $10,000 — $200) / $12,500
= 0.184 BTC
Scenario 2: P&L — If Settlement Price (BTC settles at $7,500) ≤ Strike Price
Loss = Premium Payable
What is my maximum profit?
Buying a Call option gives you the opportunity to enjoy potentially unlimited upside during a bull market
What is my maximum loss?
Buying a Call option on Sparrow
Here’s a scenario
- You are bullish on BTC and expect it to trade above $11,000 on 27 March 2020
- You can buy a Call for 1 BTC with Strike Price at $11,000, Settlement Date on 27 March 2020
- The cost for making this position will be 589.99 SP$ (Premium Payable)
How do I profit?
- In order to profit from your buy Call, BTC will have to trade above your Breakeven Price at Settlement Date
- Breakeven Price is calculated as [Strike Price + Premium Payable]
- In this scenario, Breakeven Price will be $11,589.99 (11,000 + 589.99)
- The higher BTC trades above your Breakeven Price at $11,589.99, the greater your profit. Technically, your profit is unlimited
- However, if BTC trades below $11,589.99, your maximum loss will be limited to your Premium Payable (589.99 SP$), even if BTC goes to $0
Why are premiums paid in SP$?
SP$, as the settlement token in Sparrow, helps in simplifying and standardising the trade settlement process for greater liquidity despite the customized nature of the contracts. Traders can easily value and make better decisions across Sparrow Option contracts.
Learn more about
- Selling a Crypto Option Contract
– Selling Crypto Call Option (Sell Call)
– Selling Crypto Put Option (Sell Put)
The information provided here is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered legal or financial advice. You should consult with an attorney or other professional to determine what may be best for your individual needs.
Sparrow does not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using our content. No one should make any investment decision without first consulting his or her own financial advisor and conducting his or her own research and due diligence.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sparrow disclaims any and all liability in the event any information, commentary, analysis, opinions, advice and/or recommendations prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable, or result in any investment or other losses.
Content contained on or made available through any of our communication channels is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice or investment advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Your use of the information on any of our communication channels is at your own risk.