Feeling bullish? Buy a Call option.
Why buy Call?
Unlike spot trading which requires full collateral, buying a Call option allows you to participate in the movement of an underlying asset for a relatively small price (Premium Payable) while enjoying leveraged returns.
Here’s a scenario
- You are bullish on BTC and expect it to trade above $6,000 on 26 June 2020
- You can buy a Call for 1 BTC with Strike Price at $6,000, Settlement Date on 26 June 2020
- The cost for making this position will be 1,211.07 SP$ (Premium Payable)
How do I profit?
- In order to profit from your buy Call, BTC will have to trade above your Breakeven Price at Settlement Date
- Breakeven Price is calculated as [Strike Price + Premium Payable]
- In this scenario, Breakeven Price will be $7,211.07 (6,000 + 1,211.07)
- The higher BTC trades above your Breakeven Price at $7,211.07 at Settlement Date, the greater your profit. Technically, your profit is unlimited
- However, if BTC trades below $7,211.07 , your maximum loss will be limited to your Premium Payable (1,211.07 SP$), even if BTC goes to $0
Learn more about how you can boost your trades with options in any market conditions:
- Feeling bearish? Buy a Put option.
- Buying a crypto option contract
- Boosting your trades with crypto options
- Shorting got you REKT? Try Put options.
- 3 strategies to combat crypto market volatility with options trading
The information provided here is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered legal or financial advice. You should consult with an attorney or other professional to determine what may be best for your individual needs.
Sparrow does not make any guarantee or other promise as to any results that may be obtained from using our content. No one should make any investment decision without first consulting his or her own financial advisor and conducting his or her own research and due diligence.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sparrow disclaims any and all liability in the event any information, commentary, analysis, opinions, advice and/or recommendations prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or unreliable, or result in any investment or other losses.
Content contained on or made available through any of our communication channels is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice or investment advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Your use of the information on any of our communication channels is at your own risk.